Animated 'Big Nate' coming to Paramount+Category: Sneak Peeks & Trailers
The all-new animated series Big Nate from Nickelodeon Animation Studio is based on the best-selling children’s books and comic strip written and drawn by acclaimed author and cartoonist Lincoln Peirce. Set to debut early next year on Paramount+. The 26-episode series follows Nate, a precocious 11-year-old boy, and his best friends as they navigate sixth grade with humor and style.
Paramount+’s BIG NATE animated series will feature brand-new original storylines centered on Nate, a sixth-grade kid who has a never-ending need to prove his awesomeness to the world. Whether he’s dealing with disasters at home or detention at school, Nate Wright is no stranger to a challenge. Luckily, he’s able to express himself through the world of cartoons that he creates. Charming, mischievous and a magnet for misadventure – trouble is always fun when Nate is around.
The beloved characters of BIG NATE include:
- Nate Wright – Sixth-grader Nate Wright believes he is AWESOME. He’s funny, entertaining and even a little insecure, but he’s not about to let the rest of the world know that.
- Ellen Wright – Ellen is Nate’s older sister and the object of much angst for Nate. If Ellen has flaws, Nate’s never seen them, but he’s determined to find them anyway.
- Martin Wright – Martin is a great single dad to Nate and Ellen, but life has not gone exactly as he planned. Parenting two kids is tough, and he’s doing it alone. But Martin doesn’t complain. Well, he does complain, but who doesn’t?
- Dee Dee Holloway – Dee Dee is smart, excitable and able to pull off whatever the boys are incapable (or unwilling) to do, which makes her an invaluable member of the group.
- Francis Pope – Francis tries to keep Nate’s wild ideas in check, or at least keep Nate out of unnecessary trouble. They’ve been inseparable since they met in kindergarten, and Francis is the friend Nate counts on the most.
- Teddy Ortiz – Teddy is Nate’s main co-conspirator, a partner in chaos always willing to go along with Nate’s crazy schemes. But if there’s a chance they’ll get caught, Teddy has an amazing way of disappearing.
- Chad Applewhite – Chad is a sweet, harmless kid, and one of Nate’s good friends. Like Teddy, Chad is willing to help Nate with all his schemes, he’s just not quite bright enough to run away when things go sideways.
- Principal Nichols – Principal Nichols is a good guy who struggles with being an authority figure. He tries to act like a friend to his students, but he always comes off as an adult who’s trying way too hard to be “cool.”
- Mrs. Godfrey – Affectionately called the “Creature Teacher” by Nate, Mrs. Godfrey more than lives up to the name. The woman is perpetually on edge and always waiting for someone – usually Nate – to step out of line.